8 Things to Know Before Starting your own Skin Treatments Business
By Dr Tim Pearce, MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP
- You need to some basic business infrastructure before you start.
- Register as self employed
- Get insurance quotes and be ready to initiate insurance before your first booking
- Get a business bank account
- Be prepared- Your first client may want any of the treatments you offer
- have the required equipment available
- ensure the necessary supplies are already in stock
- Set up your patient admin before your first client arrives
- Including clinical records, consultation and consent system
- This could be paper or computer based
- Plan for problems
- Make sure you are equipped in knowledge, equipment and training to manage any problems that occur after the treatment
- Even the best get side effects, and it’s no good just knowing how to inject botox or filler, you must also know what to do when it’s not right
- Choose a specialist cosmetic treatment training course like those at SkinViva Training that teach you this.
- When you set your prices, don’t be too focused on being cheap
- The cheapest prices in town get a lot of people talking, but what people really want is value
- Be valuable through being quality driven and you will not have to be the cheapest in town to get customers
- Be prepared to re-invest the money you earn.
- Those who see their gross profit as their new hourly wage will not flourish in the industry
- It’s expensive getting new clients and looking after the old ones, but you get back out what you put in
- Be prepared to invest time, as well as money to get established
- Clinical time is the most valuable part of your business, but all the other stuff needs to be done to make it happen.
- You only get paid for the clinical time when the rest is running well.
- This is one of the fastest growing industries in the UK, and the market is huge!
- Don’t be frightened by competition, be good at what you do and you will be successful
Dr Tim Pearce MB ChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP
As Clinical Director of both SkinViva Training and SkinViva Ltd, Dr Tim Pearce is a fully-qualified and experienced doctor specialising in non-surgical aesthetic rejuvenation. He has over 5 years’ experience in cosmetic medicine and has performed thousands of treatments.
Since the launch of SkinViva Training Academy, he is also Lead Trainer for Botox and dermal filler injection techniques to fellow clinicians entering the aesthetics industry.