Botox and Dermal Fillers
While details are still under discussion for a new market framework for the non-surgical cosmetic treatments sector, it seems certain that change is in the pipeline.
What will the potential tighter regulation of practitioners and training mean for those practicing, or considering learning, injectable cosmetic treatments?
SkinViva directors have recently attended high level meetings including the Non-Surgical Cosmetic Interventions and Hair Restoration Surgery Programme – Stakeholder Summit Led by Health Education England.
They consider the implications of the latest discussions and ideas:
- Aesthetic Doctors including those at SkinViva will have to become compliant with the new training framework – this will happen over a transitional period
- It appears that beauty therapists will continue to be allowed to administer botox and fillers (albeit will be expected to have Level 7 training which is equivalent to post-graduate)
- SkinViva Training will move quickly to build a new curriculum
- New training courses are likely to need a work-based element (to incorporate high level of practice)
- May involve longer duration courses
Change is expected and while a period of adjustment undoubtedly means more work in the short term, the outcome should be a safer market environment for patients.
In the meantime, SkinViva and SkinViva Training continue to uphold high standards of clinical and business ethics throughout.
Cosmetic Treatments Training
Botox and Fillers Courses, Manchester
SkinViva Training Academy offers a comprehensive range of botox and fillers training courses designed for medical professionals such as suitably qualified and registered medical professionals who wish to learn and build on their skills in delivering these procedures.
Courses start at foundation level and delegates can progress through to advanced skills with further training.
SkinViva Training was established by by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP. The SkinViva Training team upholds high standards of clinical training providing a combination of fully-supervised practical experience together with essential theory.
For further information, to discuss which course is right for you, to enquire about availability or to book a training course please call 0161 850 2491, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.