CSA stands for the Clinical Standards Authority for Non-Surgical Cosmetic Interventions (CSA).
This group was created in 2016 with the objective of improving patient safety in non-surgical cosmetic treatments, but the full launch is anticipated in April 2017.
What Organisations are in the CSA?
The CSA is currently made up of the following:
- British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
What is the Role of the CSA?
The role of the Clinical Standards Authority for Non-Surgical Cosmetic Interventions is to:
- Set standards and a code of conduct that all practitioners must adhere to
- Lead evidence-based research
- Scan the horizon for new therapies to mitigate risk
- Collect data on activity and adverse events
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as JCCP
- Advise regulatory bodies including:
- Department of Health (DoH),
- The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA),
- General Medical Council (GMC)
The CSA will work with the JCCP to ensure patient safety in cosmetic injections such as BOTOX and dermal fillers.
Professor David Sines, Interim Chair of the JCCP, said:
“The formation of the CSA and the JCCP is an important step forward.”
More information on the formation of the CSA and JCCP.
Botox & Fillers Training
SkinViva Training Academy is a major provider of cosmetic treatment courses for practitioners. The company welcomes better regulation of the industry and work to further higher standards among practitioners through quality training courses.
We will continue to update this website with industry regulation news.
Botox and Fillers Training Manchester
SkinViva Training Academy offers a comprehensive range of aesthetic treatment training courses for medical professionals such as suitably qualified and registered medical professionals who wish to learn and build on their skills in delivering these procedures. For more information, please feel to browse our latest availability.
SkinViva Training Academy was established by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP in 2013 after he set upSkinViva in 2008 – an aesthetic treatment business which now covers the North West of England.
For further information, to discuss which course is right for you, to enquire about availability or to book a training course please call 0161 850 2491, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.