JCCP stands for the Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners.
This group was created in 2016 with the objective of improving patient safety in non-surgical cosmetic treatments, but the full launch is anticipated in April 2017.
What Organisations are in the JCCP?
The JCCP is currently made up of the following:
- British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN)
- British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM)
This is open to expansion and development for the future with potential multidisciplinary collaboration to provide public protection and assurance.
What is the Role of the JCCP?
The role of the Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners is to:
- Oversee compliance with clinical standards established by the new Clinical Standards Authority for Non-Surgical Cosmetic Interventions (CSA)
- Develop an educational and training framework linked to the standards and processes of accreditation
- Maintain a register(s) of members who meet the entry requirements of the JCCP and abide by its Code of Practice
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as JCCP and advise regulatory bodies such as:
- Department of Health (DoH)
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- any others as relevant (within the context of its defined remit)
The JCCP will work with the CSA to ensure patient safety in cosmetic injections such as BOTOX and dermal fillers.
Professor David Sines is Interim Chair of the JCCP. He sees the formation of the JCCP, together with the CSA, as a good step forward:
“Sections of the non-surgical cosmetic interventions industry remain largely unregulated, however healthcare professionals have made important strides in improving patient safety.
More information on the formation of the CSA and JCCP.
Botox & Fillers Training
SkinViva Training Academy is a major provider of cosmetic treatment courses for practitioners. The company welcomes better regulation of the industry and work to further higher standards among practitioners through quality training courses.
We will continue to update this website with industry regulation news.
Botox and Fillers Training Manchester
SkinViva Training Academy offers a comprehensive range of aesthetic treatment training courses for medical professionals such as suitably qualified and registered medical professionals who wish to learn and build on their skills in delivering these procedures. For more information, please feel to browse our latest availability.
SkinViva Training Academy was established by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP in 2013 after he set upSkinViva in 2008 – an aesthetic treatment business which now covers the North West of England.
For further information, to discuss which course is right for you, to enquire about availability or to book a training course please call 0161 850 2491, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.