SkinViva Training’s Business Development Director, Lee Cottrill, attended the latest stakeholder meeting meeting of the JCCP (Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners), where plans for the launch of the new industry Registers were discussed.
The development of Registers for aesthetics practitioners and premises is seen as a major step in the development of self-regulation and is watched closely by those working in or planning a career in non-surgical treatments.
Lee has shared the key information points relating to this.
JCCP Registers – Key Points
As discussed at the latest meeting of stakeholders:
- Launch Date:
November 2017 is the planned launch date for the JCCP register
- Practitioner Registers:
There will be TWO voluntary registers for Practitioners
- Medical professionals who are registered with a professional body
- Practitioners who are not registered with a professional statutory body
- Non-medicals WILL be able to register on the injectables practitioners register
- BUT must demonstrate they have met the educational prerequisites at Level 7 and also the competencies and practice based standards for carrying out the treatments
- Level 7 means post-graduate or equivalent (most beauty therapists are traditionally at Levels 3 and 4, but ultimately there will be bridging qualifications to allow non-medical professionals to work towards Level 7)
Recognition of prior learning is also expected to be included when your application for joining the JCCP is being considered
- Premises Register:
There will be a separate register for premises
- It’s not the intention of the JCCP to exclude Practitioners who work mobile
- The standards of the premises register will need to apply to mobile work as well in-clinic/salon work
- Charity Status:
- JCCP will have charity status and is a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation
Level 7 Qualification
Level 7 Certificate (L7Cert) in Injectables
SkinViva Training Academy is developing a level 7 course for candidates who wish to gain formal accreditation.
Lee explains how the company is working to ensure that this will meet the requirements, saying:
“The Awarding Body (under OfQual) who I am working with to start offering the SkinViva Training Level 7 qualification “Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine” are also at the table of the JCCP which will help to ensure that our Level 7 is seen as a gold standard for you all if you choose to register with the JCCP later in the year.”
More information on
BOTOX® & Fillers Training
SkinViva Training Academy is a major provider of cosmetic treatment courses for practitioners. The company welcomes better regulation of the industry and work to further higher standards among practitioners through quality training courses.
We will continue to update this website with industry regulation news.
Botox and Fillers Training Manchester
SkinViva Training Academy offers a comprehensive range of aesthetic treatment training courses for medical professionals such as suitably qualified and registered medical professionals who wish to learn and build on their skills in delivering these procedures. For more information, please feel to browse our latest availability.
SkinViva Training Academy was established by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP in 2013 after he set up SkinViva in 2008 – an aesthetic treatment business which now covers the North West of England.
For further information, to discuss which course is right for you, to enquire about availability or to book a training course please call 0161 850 2491, or email email@example.com.