New Training Opportunity in Medical Aesthetics
Physiotherapists can now learn the essential theory and practical skills required to carry out medical aesthetics, after SkinViva Training has reviewed the entry criteria for its aesthetics training courses.
Previously the company’s BOTOX® and dermal filler training courses were restricted to a set group of medical professionals (including doctors, dentists, nurses, midwives, paramedics and pharmacists).
However, the entry criteria have now been redefined, which means that physiotherapists are also now eligible to train in popular non-surgical treatments, provided that they meet the requirements set.
SkinViva Training Medical Aesthetics Courses
SkinViva Training welcomes physiotherapists and other suitably qualified medical professionals who can demonstrate:
- Membership to a regulatory body (with no restrictions to practice or pending investigations or suspensions from practice)
- Work in clinical role where the gathering of patient information, prioritisation of that information and associated risks, and recommendation of a treatment plan are a substantive part of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Be in possession of a health related, medically based degree (or equivalent level qualification/training)
- Have independent prescribing rights OR confirm you will work with the oversight of a prescribing clinician (which specifically includes face-to-face consultations for all POMs and availability for emergency advice at all times)
- Can obtain and will maintain professional indemnity insurance for aesthetic medicine and public liability insurance at all times
This opens up a new career pathway for physiotherapists who are keen to develop their own business in aesthetics, pursuing a more creative career path and developing their knowledge and skills in a new area of activity.
To find out more about course entry requirements, see our FAQ Entry Requirements – Who Can Train?. This page is kept up to date with the latest information for potential delegates.
- Physiotherapists typically hold a medically based, health related degree
- Many physios also hold a masters post grad qualification in Injection Therapy
- A Physiotherapist skill set and prior academic training is well-suited training in aesthetic treatments in order to practise musculoskeletal injections
The recommended starting place for all delegates is the Foundation BOTOX® & Dermal Fillers course, which encompasses essential theory on facial anatomy and aesthetics together with extensive practice on live models.
What our delegates say…
“The introduction course to botox and fillers November 2017 was absolutely excellent. Can’t recommend it enough.
“Felicity, the trainer, was thorough, clear , specific and clarified every question. She gave us confidence in a professional and clear manner which meant that both the client and learners were at ease but able to provide the treatment in a learning atmosphere.
“I came away instilled with wise knowledge supplemented with safe technique and the foundations of a new skill that I can definitely work with. I look forward to returning for more courses in the field of aesthetics.”
Alternatively, delegates may wish to pursue the full Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine, which SkinViva Training offer for beginners as well as those who have already built up some experience of dermal fillers and botulinum toxin treatments.
For friendly advice on which route to take, please contact our team.
SkinViva Training Manchester
SkinViva Training Ltd offer a range of professional training courses for cosmetic and medical skin treatments. Their courses in cosmetic treatments directed at suitably qualified medical professionals* who wish to learn and build on their skills in delivering these procedures (*subject to meeting SkinViva Training’s entry criteria).
See our full list of forthcoming training course dates.
SkinViva Training was established in 2013 by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP – learn more about us. The SkinViva Training team upholds high standards of clinical training providing a combination of fully-supervised practical experience together with essential theory.
For further information, to discuss which course is right for you, to enquire about availability or to book a training course please call 0161 850 2491, or email email@example.com.