What are your career plans for 2019?
Christmas and New Year are often a time for reflection, when people decide to make a change in the coming year.
A career in medical aesthetics is increasingly being seen as an attractive move for medical professionals who are tired and disillusioned with the NHS.
Aesthetics is a growth market with a range of appealing benefits:
- Lucrative – aesthetics can be very financially rewarding
- Popular – increasing consumer demand for cosmetic and anti-ageing procedures
- Independence – aesthetics is a popular part time or flexible working option. Many continue commitments as a GP alongside aesthetic work
- Enjoyable – being more creative plus working closely with patients to help them improve their appearance and feel better about themselves is very rewarding work
Where to Start?
Flexible Career Options
The beauty of working in aesthetics is the flexibility to choose how you work alongside or transition from your current role.
Over the past 5 years, SkinViva Training have helped over a thousand individuals in their aesthetic careers.
Some have gone on from their Foundation course to complete a range of intermediate and advanced courses too, becoming highly skilled practitioners.
Many have given up NHS roles in order to pursue aesthetics full time.
While others keep aesthetics as a part-time activity, a retirement plan or even just a bit of a hobby, where they can indulge creativity and enjoy enhancing peoples’ appearances and confidence.
- You don’t have to make radical decisions about leaving a job such as doctor, nurse, dentist or other medical professional until you’re good and ready.
- However, you can build up an aesthetics business in your spare time and gradually establish a new career as and when you’re ready. You’re in charge and can dictate the speed of your training and development – and crucially, can set the pace of growth for your business.
The options are endless. So where to start?
It could be dipping a toe in the water with an introductory course in aesthetics. We recommend the Foundation BOTOX® & Dermal Fillers course as the best place to start. After this, we offer a host of options depending on where delegates wish to develop their skills.
If you’re ready to book a course, then please see our list of forthcoming training course dates.
If you’d like to talk to someone about a career in aesthetics, please feel free to contact our friendly team of advisers – we’re happy to help and advise.
Cosmetic Treatments Training
Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers Courses, Manchester
SkinViva Training Academy was established in 2013 by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP – learn more about us. The SkinViva Training Academy team upholds high standards of clinical training providing a combination of fully-supervised practical experience together with essential theory.
We offer a range of professional training courses for cosmetic and medical skin treatments which are directed at suitably qualified medical professionals* who wish to learn and build on their skills in delivering these procedures (*subject to meeting SkinViva Training’s entry criteria).
For further information, to discuss which course is right for you, to enquire about availability or to book a training course please call 0161 850 2491, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.