Recruitment – Vacancies at SkinViva Training
Working for SkinViva Training & SkinViva
SkinViva Training was established in 2013 by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP, who established sister company of SkinViva Ltd in 2008 offering non-surgical aesthetic treatments to clients in the North West. Working for our team means:
- Genuinely great colleagues and working environment in our gorgeous Castlefield clinic
- Quality training about our exciting treatments, how they work, all the amazing things they can do
- Opportunities to progress in a dynamic, fast-paced, fast-growing business
- With so many satisfied customers, you’ll get real job satisfaction contributing to SkinViva Training’s goals
- Heavily discounted staff treatments
Browse our Current Job Opportunities
Customer Experience Coordinator (CEC)
40 hours per week; alternating Tuesday – Saturday one week and Monday – Friday the next
Salary £16,000 per annum + commission
Contract Permanent (3 months’ probationary)
Annual Leave 20 days pa pro rata (plus bank holidays)
Reports to Customer Experience Manager
Direct Reports N/a
Location HQ Clinic, 1 Burton Place, Manchester, M15 4PT (near Cornbrook Metrolink)
Start Date ASAP
SkinViva Offers You:
- Quality training about our exciting treatments, how they work, all the amazing things they can do, and the customers’ experience
- Lots of opportunity to progress in a dynamic, fast-paced, fast-growing business
- The CEC role is very wide ranging meaning that no 2 days are the same
Role and Duties:
- Taking and actioning inbound phone, email and text message enquiries from existing and new customers.
- Booking customers in the doctors’ diaries.
- Calling customers to provide appointment reminders, arrange follow-ups, and re-arrange cancelled appointments.
- Processing customer payments and carrying out credit checks.
- Helping SkinViva’s doctors when they are out on the road with queries about customers and their diaries generally.
- Liaising with partner salons to book appointments in their diaries.
- Keeping the SkinViva Finance Department informed about changes to customers’ Direct Debit treatment packages.
- Ensuring the highest possible accuracy when adding or amending customers’ accounts and appointments.
- Ad hoc project work for Directors as required.
What We’re Looking For:
You don’t need a particular set of qualifications, but you will need to explain to us through your cover letter and cv how your work and life experience show that you fit the below description:
- 1 year’s relevant work experience.
- You’ve got customer service running through your veins! We want someone who will love our customers as much as we do, and be eager to provide a great service.
- A people person. You get on with anyone and find it easy to build relationships with customers and colleagues alike. We have a great team and need someone who will enhance that.
- A confident phone manner.
- Completer finisher. You take real ownership of your work and can’t bear to leave a task unfinished.
- Attention to detail. You pride yourself on great accuracy, always taking the time to check your work is correct and your records are complete.
- Organised. You’ll be used to looking after a significant amount of administration so you’ll be outstanding at prioritising your workload in order to hit deadlines.
- You love a bit of creative problem solving! We run a complex diary system with 5 doctors, multiple clinics/salon locations, and 1000s of customers, so we often have to think outside the box to ensure everyone is seen.
- Flexible. You love being given a new challenge and are excited when systems are changed for the better.
- IT experience. You’ll need a good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. You will receive training on our Clinic Office
To apply, please email your CV and, importantly, a cover letter explaining how your work/ life experience matches what we’re looking for and why you want to work for us to Nikola Bardsley (Customer Experience Specialist) at email@example.com by 6pm on Friday 4th August 2017.
Could you be a Clinical Supervisor for us?
- SkinViva Training are recruiting associate Clinical Supervisors across the UK
- Clinical Supervisors are needed to teach and reinforce practical skills in consulting and treating patients with botulinum toxin and dermal fillers and to verify (through specified evidence) that our students have carried out and observed a minimum number of treatments under supervision
- Acting as a Clinical Supervisor contributes to your own CPD which may help gain you exemption from elements of the Level 7 qualification when you do it yourself
- You can do as much or as little as you like and operate from your own premises
- You set your own rates and the student pays you directly
- There are criteria you must meet to be a Clinical Supervisor (listed below)
Quick link – ‘How to Apply’ with details of documents required
In 2017, SkinViva Training will launch a new OFQUAL post-graduate certificate called the Level 7 ‘Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine’. This new gold standard will validate aesthetic clinicians as experienced, qualified injectors of botulinum toxin and dermal fillers in the eyes of the UK’s qualification regulator (OFQUAL).
This new qualification is not required in law but we believe it is rapidly becoming seen as the most relevant and best hands-on practical qualification that exists today due to its industry focus on those working in the aesthetics sector as opposed to a more traditional academic route offered by universities.
Why Clinical Supervision?
As part of us offering the Level 7 qualification, all our students must undertake clinical practice to gain their post-graduate certificate. The requirements are that a student must:
- Observe 10 botulinum toxin treatments
- Observe 10 dermal filler treatments
- Administer 10 botulinum toxin treatments
- Administer 10 dermal filler treatments
What do you need to be a Clinical Supervisor?
- Be a registered doctor, dentist, independent pharmacist prescriber, or independent nurse / midwife prescriber with a current professional registration
- Have carried out a minimum of 75 botulinum toxin procedures and 75 dermal filler procedures OR have a minimum of 3 years treating with botulinum toxin or dermal fillers (irrespective of the number of procedures you’ve carried out)
- 25 hrs of CPD in aesthetics within the last 12 months
- A valid professional indemnity insurance certificate
- A teaching qualification, which could include: Level 3 Award in Education and Training, PTLLS, DTLLS, being a GP Trainer, a “teach the teacher” course, a postgraduate certificate in teaching in higher education etc. (Your teaching certificate can be generic and may originate from various sources including teaching at work or lecturing. A short eLearning course which we recommend is at the following link with a discount available if you mention SkinViva Training https://www.eln.io/course/19/level-3-award-in-education-and-training).
How will it work?
- You send us your documents so we can review your experience and get you
approved with OFQUAL’s appointed representatives
- Once approved, we add you to a secure area on our website
- Student comes and completes an initial hands-on practical training day with SkinViva Training
- Student then accesses the secure area on the website & contacts you to discuss your availability, your fees, and to plan their clinical supervision sessions with you
- Student attends your premises on the agreed dates/times to undertake the work
- For the 20 observed procedures (10 bot. toxin and 10 dermal filler), we recommend that the student simply observes you carrying out your normal aesthetics clinic
- For the 20 administered procedures (10 bot. toxin and 10 dermal filler), the student understands they supply the patients, product and consumables
- Before and after photos are recorded for ALL 40 procedures (including both observed and administered treatments) to go into the student’s portfolio of evidence which you will sign off along with a reference
- Student submits their completed portfolio of evidence to SkinViva Training
What will I cover with the student?
- Show how treatment plans are put together based on the requirements of the patient.
- Demonstrate and support learning on how to carry out a consultation in aesthetics.
- Oversee and teach a range of toxin and dermal filler procedures and techniques to enhance the learning of the student.
- Ensure the informed consent process is taught and carried out for the procedure and for clinical photography. Consent must be retained for student portfolio.
- Demonstrate a real-life aesthetics clinic setting to build understanding of the student for what it’s like to work in this sector.
- Provide a reference (required to qualify in injectables) for the student.
Key Things To Note
- Before/after photos are compulsory and you’ll need to sign a reference confirming completion of observations and completion of student administering treatments
- The procedures must be botulinum toxin AND/OR dermal filler (other aesthetics treatments do not count for the student towards this qualification)
- All facial procedures are valid but the student may wish to focus more attention on certain ones which are to be negotiated with you as supervisor. We recommend however that the student focus on the foundation/basic treatments before moving on to advanced treatments at this stage of their learning.
- SkinViva Training have a 1 year time limit on a student completing their portfolio of evidence (which starts from the date of their initial Level 7 training day at SkinViva)
- A patient can count as 2 procedures for the student IF the patient is having BOTH toxin AND dermal filler
- When supplying their own models, students will supply product and consumables (unless you agree otherwise)
- A student can work with more than one Clinical Supervisor so there’s no pressure for you to complete all the requirements for any one student if your availability becomes limited or circumstances change
- Some students may wish to work with you in a pair (i.e. with another student) because one student can complete their observations whilst the other one administers under supervision – you may wish to consider charging a higher fee for this
To apply, please contact us including the documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org
What do you need to send us?
- CV – an up-to-date CV which indicates the time you’ve been in aesthetics
- Logbook – (only required if you DON’T have 3 years experience in aesthetics) a log of the treatments you’ve carried out demonstrating you’ve completed at least 75 botulinum toxin treatments and 75 dermal filler treatments
- CPD – an up-to-date CPD log showing a minimum 25 hours of aesthetics learning/development (see Appendix 1 for CPD examples for your log)
- Professional Registration Number e.g. NMC PIN, GMC number etc
- Address of premises – where you would be carrying out the supervision
- Teaching qualification – a copy of your teaching qualification/certificate
Download a pdf
Click the button to download a document about becoming a clinical supervisor