Foundation Botox® Course
Check Dates/Availability and Book your Space
* Pay Monthly – you can choose to spread the cost of your training in up to 3 monthly payments, providing the balance is clear 3 weeks before attending the course. More about monthly payments.
SkinViva Training’s Foundation Botox® Course is aimed specifically at those trainees who want to focus on building the core practical skills and theory in Botox® procedures at an entry to intermediate level.
As well as teaching introductory injection technique, you will also receive all background introductory modules covering everything you need to be an independent aesthetic professional including medico-legal aspects, consent, consultation skills to managing and preventing rare side effects.
You will leave us confident in your ability to inject effectively, and also with the skills to set up a business as a safe and competent aesthetic professional.
SkinViva Training’s Foundation Botox® Course is recommended for all Doctors, Dentists, Paramedics, Midwives and Nurses who are either new and inexperienced with cosmetic injectable treatments, or have had some experience but want to update their skills and learn more best-practice technique.
- Introduction to aesthetics practice, objective beauty and the array of treatment options.
- Understand the basics of the ageing face, and the treatments you can offer to help reverse these.
- Understand the nuances of the aesthetic consultation.
- Understand how to consult in a way that ethically boosts sales potential and client satisfaction.
- Matching patient expectations with outcomes.
- Important after care advice.
- Avoiding common consultation pitfalls.
- Avoiding and managing complaints and preventing complaints (content by a former Healthcare Commission Complaints Manager).
- Informed consent.
- Introduction to medical photography and how it will save you time, money and complaints.
- Basics of setting up a business, medical indemnity insurance, tax matters and introduction to marketing.
Boltulinum Toxin / Botox® Theory
- Understand the pharmacology of Botox® and be able to explain relevant concepts to patients.
- Understand how to store, dilute and administer Botox®.
- Understand the anatomy and vectors of the face relevant to common treatments.
- Understand the appropriate indications for Botox®.
- Understand how to assess the face and choose the most effective dose and injection location using our unique protocols.
- Understand how to avoid common unpleasing results.
- Understand how to avoid both common and rare side effects.
- Understand how to manage side effects when they do occur.
- Know when it is appropriate to use a combination of Botox® and dermal fillers.
- Understand common reasons to follow up patients, and common follow up injection points.
- Establish confidence through supervised consultation, assessment and treatment of demo models with Botox®.
- Become familiar with predicting the outcome of treatments with Botox® in the three main areas of use in the upper face: crows’ feet; frown lines; and forehead lines with and without brow lifts.
- Learn the important practical differences between ‘standard’ injections given in general medical practice and the much more skilled aesthetic injection technique.
- Develop an injection technique that reduces side effects and increases predictability of results using Botox®.
- Learn to handle and prepare the injections without damaging the delicate Botox® protein.
- See the importance of good medical photography in practise.
- CeTAB® – 5 stage unique, proven training methodology. Empowers trainees not only to inject safely, but to successfully tackle every stage of the patient journey and business set-up with confidence; from consultation, through treatment, handling rare complications, and looking after patients for the long term
- Free expert clinical telephone support when you start seeing your own clients.
- High model to delegate ratio – plenty of expertly supervised practical experience with real patients.
- 4:1 trainer/trainee ratio – maximum 4 trainees per trainer – to ensure plenty of hands-on experience and individualised tuition
- Unique algorithms in the theory course give you certainty when you start on your own.
- Dedicated fully-equipped modern clinic environment and lecture room.
- All products included.
- Insurer-approved certificate of attendance.
- 8.30 am – registration
- 9.00 am – start
- Setting up in business
- 3.00pm – Certification
Not Ready to Book? Use our Course Enquiry Form to Get in Touch