Foundation BOTOX® & Dermal Fillers
As SkinViva Training’s most popular training day, our Foundation BOTOX® and Dermal Fillers Course provides its trainees with the best possible entry to the marketplace by learning how these two highly popular treatments work to rejuvenate the face holistically.
Unlike most basic training, this is a comprehensive introductory course, covering not only how to give effective injections, but all the skills and background knowledge you need to give your clients a comprehensive and professional service.
We cover everything from medicolegal aspects, consent, consultation skills, to managing and preventing rare side effects. You will leave us not only ready to inject, but also fully equipped to set up a business as a safe and competent aesthetic professional.
SkinViva Training’s Foundation BOTOX® and Dermal Fillers Course is recommended for all suitably qualified and registered medical professionals who are new and inexperienced with cosmetic injectable treatments.
This SkinViva Training course is fully accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
This course equates to the following CPD hours/points:
- 7 hours practical
- 6 hours theory
- Introduction to aesthetics practice, objective beauty and the array of treatment options.
- Understand the basics of the ageing face, and the treatments you can offer to help reverse these.
- Understand the nuances of the aesthetic consultation.
- Understand how to consult in a way that ethically boosts sales potential and client satisfaction.
- Matching patient expectations with outcomes.
- Important after care advice.
- Avoiding common consultation pitfalls.
- Avoiding and managing complaints and preventing complaints (content by a former Healthcare Commission Complaints Manager).
- Informed consent.
- Introduction to medical photography and how it will save you time, money and complaints.
- Basics of setting up a business, medical indemnity insurance, tax matters and introduction to marketing.
Botulinum Toxin /Botox® Theory
- Understand the pharmacology of Botox® and be able to explain relevant concepts to patients.
- Understand how to store, dilute and administer Botox®.
- Understand the anatomy and vectors of the face relevant to common treatments.
- Understand the appropriate indications for Botox®.
- Understand how to assess the face and choose the most effective dose and injection location using our unique protocols.
- Understand how to avoid common unpleasing results.
- Understand how to avoid both common and rare side effects.
- Understand how to manage side effects when they do occur.
- Know when it is appropriate to use a combination of Botox® and dermal fillers.
- Understand common reasons to follow up patients, and common follow up injection points.
Dermal Filler (Hyaluronic Acids) Theory
- Understand the properties and different functions of dermal fillers.
- Understand how to choose which dermal filler to use for greatest effect.
- Understand important facial anatomy and integrate this into a facial assessment.
- Understand the anatomy of the face with regards to safety, side effects reduction, efficacy and longevity of treatments.
- Understand how to avoid but also deal with side effects, from simple allergy to the very rare but serious side effect of impending necrosis caused by arterial embolism or compression.
- Understand how to treat localised allergic reaction to dermal fillers.
- Understand how to manage side effects of dermal filler, including reversing a treatment safely.
- Understand how dermal filler treatments change or persist over time to avoid over-treatment.
- Establish confidence through supervised consultation, assessment and treatment of demo models with both Botox® and dermal filler.
- Become familiar with predicting the outcome of treatments with Botox® in the three main areas of use in the upper face: crows’ feet; frown lines; and forehead lines with and without brow lifts.
- Learn the important practical differences between ‘standard’ injections given in general medical practice and the much more skilled aesthetic injection technique.
- Understand how to assess the face and choose the most effective quantity of Botox® or dermal filler injection using our unique protocols, covering fine lines, nose-to-mouth and mouth-to-chin lines.
- Develop an injection technique that reduces side effects and increases predictability of results using Botox®.
- Know the various dermal filler injection techniques and when to use them.
- Learn to handle and prepare the injections without damaging the delicate Botox® protein.
- See the importance of good medical photography in practise.
- CeTAB® – 5 stage unique, proven training methodology. Empowers trainees not only to inject safely, but to successfully tackle every stage of the patient journey and business set-up with confidence; from consultation, through treatment, handling rare complications, and looking after patients for the long term
- 4:1 trainer/trainee ratio – maximum 4 trainees to a trainer to ensure plenty of hands-on experience and individualised tuition
- High model to delegate ratio – plenty of expertly supervised practical experience with real patients.
- Free and exclusive access to our highly active online community for post-course support, questions and debate.
- Unique algorithms in the theory course give you certainty when you start on your own.
- Dedicated fully-equipped modern clinic environment and lecture room.
- All products included.
- Insurer-approved certificate of attendance.
Please see below a list of criteria which we assess you against on your training course:
- History taking
- Physical examination skills/clinical judgement
- Demonstrates understanding of indications for treatment, A&P, procedural technique
- Obtains informed consent
- Demonstrates appropriate preoperative preparation
- Offers/applies appropriate analgesics
- Demonstrates safe delivery of proposed procedure
- Technical ability
- Aseptic technique
- Post procedure management
- Communication skills
- Overall ability to perform the procedure competently
Your trainer will work with you to help you meet the required standard for each of these criteria. Delegates not able to meet one or more of the criteria will be asked to resit their training on a different date at additional cost.
Successful completion of the criteria results in a SkinViva Training certificate, which is issued at the end of your training day.
Assessment and Certification
- Delegates will be assessed at the end of the course day by our trainers (see tab above for criteria)
- On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance, which is Insurer-Approved
- Should any delegate fail to meet the criteria on the day, they will be invited to attend further training in order to continue to build their skills to the required level. (This would be at an additional cost to the delegate)
- However, we have planned our courses to provide delegates with the best possible chance of passing your training course first time. Theoretical learning is despatched in advance for preparation at home, while the course day is designed for excellent hands on experience with close supervisory support and guidance
A typical course schedule is provided below (please note some course dates operate 10am-7pm)
- 8.30 – registration
- 9.00am – start
- Theory Refresh
- Lunch & business considerations
- 6pm – Certification
Upcoming Dates - Foundation BOTOX® & Dermal Fillers Course
Note – new pricing applies from 1st February 2018 – standard course price £1,095. £100 saving for weekday courses.