Foundation Dermal Fillers Course
SkinViva Training’s Foundation Dermal Fillers Course is aimed specifically at those trainees who want to focus on building the core practical skills and theory in dermal filler procedures at an entry to intermediate level.
Unlike most basic training, this is a comprehensive introductory course, covering not only how to give effective injections, but all the skills and background knowledge you need to give your clients a comprehensive and professional service. We cover everything from medicolegal aspects, consent, consultation skills, to managing and preventing rare side effects.
You won’t leave us just ready to inject, you will be ready to set up a business as a safe and competent aesthetic professional.
SkinViva Training’s Foundation Dermal Fillers Course is recommended for all Doctors, Dentists, Paramedics, Midwives and Nurses who are either new and inexperienced with cosmetic injectable treatments, or have had some experience but want to update their skills and learn more best-practice technique.
- Introduction to aesthetics practice, objective beauty and the array of treatment options.
- Understand the basics of the ageing face, and the treatments you can offer to help reverse these.
- Understand the nuances of the aesthetic consultation.
- Understand how to consult in a way that ethically boosts sales potential and client satisfaction.
- Matching patient expectations with outcomes.
- Important after care advice.
- Avoiding common consultation pitfalls.
- Avoiding and managing complaints and preventing complaints (content by a former Healthcare Commission Complaints Manager).
- Informed consent.
- Introduction to medical photography and how it will save you time, money and complaints.
- Basics of setting up a business, medical indemnity insurance, tax matters and introduction to marketing.
Dermal Filler (Hyaluronic Acids) Theory
- Understand the properties and different functions of dermal fillers.
- Understand how to choose which dermal filler to use for greatest effect.
- Understand important facial anatomy and integrate this into a facial assessment.
- Understand the anatomy of the face with regards to safety, side effects reduction, efficacy and longevity of treatments.
- Understand how to avoid but also deal with side effects, from simple allergy to the very rare but serious side effect of impending necrosis caused by arterial embolism or compression.
- Understand how to treat localised allergic reaction to dermal fillers.
- Understand how to manage side effects of dermal filler, including reversing a treatment safely.
- Understand how dermal filler treatments change or persist over time to avoid over-treatment.
- Learn the important practical differences between ‘standard’ injections given in general medical practice and the much more skilled aesthetic injection technique.
- Using our unique protocols on real patients, become competent in assessing the face, choosing the most effective quantity of dermal filler and safely injecting fine lines, nasolabial and marionette lines to rejuvenate the lower face.
- Develop an injection technique that reduces side effects and increases predictability of results.
- Know the various dermal filler injection techniques and when to use them.
- See the importance of good medical photography in practise.
- CeTAB® – 5 stage unique, proven training methodology. Empowers trainees not only to inject safely, but to successfully tackle every stage of the patient journey and business set-up with confidence; from consultation, through treatment, handling rare complications, and looking after patients for the long term
- Free expert clinical telephone support when you start seeing your own clients.
- High model to delegate ratio – plenty of expertly supervised practical experience with real patients.
- 4:1 trainer/trainee ratio – maximum 4 trainees per trainer – to ensure plenty of hands-on experience and individualised tuition
- Unique algorithms in the theory course give you certainty when you start on your own.
- Dedicated fully-equipped modern clinic environment and lecture room.
- All products included.
- Insurer-approved certificate of attendance.
Please see below a list of competencies which we assess you against on your training course:
- History taking
- Physical examination skills/clinical judgement
- Demonstrates understanding of indications for treatment, A&P, procedural technique
- Obtains informed consent
- Demonstrates appropriate preoperative preparation
- Offers/applies appropriate analgesics
- Demonstrates safe delivery of proposed procedure
- Technical ability
- Aseptic technique
- Post procedure management
- Communication skills
- Overall ability to perform the procedure competently
Your trainer will work with you to help you meet the required standard for each of these competencies. Delegates not able to meet one or more of the competencies will be asked to resit their training on a different date at additional cost.
Successful completion of the competencies results in a SkinViva Training certificate, which is issued at the end of your training day.
- 8.30 am – registration
- 9.00 am – start
- Setting up in business
- 3.00pm – Certification