Tear Trough & Periorbital Rejuvenation
Tear Trough & Periorbital Rejuvenation Course has become one of the fastest growing at SkinViva, as it offers a means of refreshing tired eyes and providing an instant lift and rejuvenation for the whole face.
Many patients complain about the development of under eye hollows, dark circles and shadows. The loss of fat and under eye support as we age can lead to the area beneath the eyes to become hollow and sunken, which is known as Tear Troughs.
Treating the area below the eyes is an advanced application of dermal fillers. The latest generation of soft and long lasting hyaluronic acid fillers have opened up the possibilities, but this area also demands precise injecting skills and specific anatomical understanding on behalf of the injector.
SkinViva Training’s Tear Trough & Periorbital Rejuvenation Course will train you in all aspects of this advanced procedure and covers how to ensure a comfortable treatment for your patient.
This is an advanced practical and theoretical course for injectors who have already gained a good level of experience and confidence in delivering cosmetic injections with at least 6 months post Foundation experience. Most will have also completed an introductory course at SkinViva Training – either the Foundation Dermal Fillers course or the Foundation BOTOX® & Dermal Fillers course – plus Cheek Enhancement and Restoration course, as the two treatments complement one another.
SkinViva Training’s Tear Trough & Periorbital Rejuvenation Course will train you in all aspects of this advanced procedure.
- Understanding of the anatomy of Tear Troughs
- Consultation and assessment
- Tailoring a treatment for the best possible results
- Safety protocols and full understanding of potential complications and side effects
- Practical injecting experience with real models
As with all SkinViva Training courses, a certificate is included at completion of the day.
Trainees attending this course can expect to leave being confident with the Juvederm Ultra range of products and Juvederm Voluma and Volift products from the long-lasting Vycross range and the required consultation and treatment techniques for lip enhancement, lip revitalisation, lip augmentation and cheek enhancement procedures.
- Establish confidence through practical experience and live demonstration for a complete lip enhancement procedure including:
- Lips: Vermillion Border, Lip Volumisation, Cupid’s Bow and the Philtrum
- Provide refresher knowledge of facial anatomy with specific focus on the lips, cheeks and facial nerves.
- Highlight differences between the various brands of dermal fillers on the market that can be used for lip augmentation and cheek enhancement.
- Provide an understanding of how to conduct a thorough consultation and assessment of the patient to ensure a safe, comfortable procedure that delivers maximum results.
- Provide knowledge of possible side effects, complications, patient concerns and learn how to address them.
- Teach our trainees how to give patients a natural looking result that provides an essential balance between delivering volume/fullness of lips whilst enhancing the natural contours and shape of the lips and cheeks.
- How to limit complications through learning safe angles and depths of injections and techniques that substantially reduce risk.
- How to deal with any adverse effects and complications including how to inject Hyaluronidase enzyme to remove hyaluronic acid dermal fillers if required
- Refresher knowledge – facial anatomy with specific focus on the eye area
- Explanation of the various brands of dermal fillers on the market that can be used for tear troughs and peri-orbital rejuvenation
- Understanding how to conduct a thorough consultation and assessment of the patient to ensure a safe, comfortable procedure that delivers maximum results
- Injecting skills theory – how to give patients an effective tear trough rejuvenation result
- Techniques to ensure a comfortable experience for the patient and reduce risks including use of cannula and needle
- Establish confidence through live demonstration and practical experience
- Possible side effects, complications, patient concerns and learn how to address them.
- How to inject Hyaluronidase enzyme to remove hyaluronic acid dermal fillers if required
Please see below a list of competencies which we assess you against on your training course:
- History taking
- Physical examination skills/clinical judgement
- Demonstrates understanding of indications for treatment, A&P, procedural technique
- Obtains informed consent
- Demonstrates appropriate preoperative preparation
- Offers/applies appropriate analgesics
- Demonstrates safe delivery of proposed procedure
- Technical ability
- Aseptic technique
- Post procedure management
- Communication skills
- Overall ability to perform the procedure competently
Your trainer will work with you to help you meet the required standard for each of these competencies. Delegates not able to meet one or more of the competencies will be asked to resit their training on a different date at additional cost.
Successful completion of the competencies results in a SkinViva Training certificate, which is issued at the end of your training day.
- CeTAB® – 5 stage unique, proven training methodology. Empowers trainees not only to inject safely, but to successfully tackle every stage of the patient journey and business set-up with confidence; from consultation, through treatment, handling rare complications, and looking after patients for the long term
- Free and exclusive access to our highly active online community for post-course support, questions and debate.
- High model to delegate ratio – plenty of expertly supervised practical experience with real patients
- 4:1 trainer/trainee ratio – maximum 4 trainees to a trainer to ensure the quality of hands-on experience and individualised tuition (normally 4 trainees max on most courses)
- Unique algorithms in the theory course give you certainty when you start on your own
- Dedicated fully-equipped modern clinic environment
- Pre-course reading materials, products, models and lunch all provided
- Short taxi ride from Manchester Piccadilly Station , Close to Cornbrook Tram stop
- Insurer-approved certificate of attendance
This is an example course schedule only – courses can vary in start and finish times. Your course confirmation email will contain all the info you need along with your specific course timings:
- 8.30 am – registration
- 9.00 am – start
- Theory Refresh
- 16.30-17.00pm – Certification
Typical ‘before and after’ photos of tear trough treatments are shown below, courtesy of SkinViva. Treatment was carried out by Dr Tim Pearce
This video introduction and demonstration of tear trough treatment by Dr Tim Pearce is provided by SkinViva.com
* Payment Options – you can choose to pay a deposit of just £299 and spread the cost of your training, providing the balance is clear at least 4 weeks before attending the course. More about payment options.