After Training FAQs
Starting out in Aesthetic Treatments can be daunting, but we’ve helped countless delegates on the way to setting up their own businesses.
This section of Frequently Asked Questions provides answers some of the most common queries our delegates have about working in aesthetics.
If you can’t see what you’re looking for or would like to talk it through, please feel free to contact us. We’re sure we can help!
SkinViva Training knows that learning doesn’t end with the issuing of a certificate and upon completing a training course. This is why we offer a support package for all trainees who train with us including:
- Complications Advice Line
You can ask for advice on any complications or side effects by calling 0161 850 2491 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours with a professional medical opinion
- Access to downloads
After completion of a training course, delegates are provided with a password to the ‘downloads’ section of our website, packed with useful forms and template documents/tools, aftercare advice for patients and marketing collateral.
- Facebook network – private group
Delegates attending aesthetic training courses are encouraged to participate in our closed Facebook Trainee Network group. This has become a very active and useful network for practitioners with all levels of experience to share advice and tips, debate clinical questions and discuss business issues as well as keeping in contact with fellow delegates.
- Additional courses for further learning
For more exposure and learning to build your confidence prior to carrying out treatments, there are a range of progressive courses designed to build practitioner skills with a careful combination of aesthetic and anatomical theory together with extensive supervised practical sessions.
- 121 session
The ultimate in post-training support is a one to one training and coaching session with one of SkinViva Training Academy’s Aesthetic Clinician Trainers. This option is perfect for ensuring the highest possible level of focus and support for developing your injecting skills. Sessions are customised to suit each individual’s requirements.
This is a closed group for delegates who have completed a training course with SkinViva Training and SkinViva Training personnel only.
Delegates will receive an invitation to join the group following completion of their first SkinViva Training Course.
Delegates can also apply to join the group via Facebook – search for “SkinViva Trainee Network” and ask to join the group. This request will be then need to be approved by an administrator, who will check the delegate’s eligibility to join the group.
Things you must know before using our SkinViva Training forum:
- While our doctors are more than happy to discuss almost any treatment, this does not constitute training. Insurance companies ask for evidence of training experience when underwriting claims. Doing treatments based on quick discussions that you have never been formally trained to do pose a risk to the public and to you in other ways.
- We want to help you get started and to navigate through tricky or new situations, and so we do give advice on treatment plans, but we are never able to take responsibility for your treatments. We are unable to adequately understand a problem through images and information alone. You should take our advice along with your own examination and judgement. Don’t rely only on our suggested treatments as we do not have all the information available to you. Most importantly of all, we are unable to speak to the client.
- Read your manual again before asking questions, because our doctors prioritise questions that aren’t already clearly explained in the foundation course training. In particular read the flowcharts as most questions will be better asked after reading this content. Mostly you will get much better information and diagrams in the manual, rather than short paragraphs on here.
- You probably won’t get a helpful answer from a very broad question like “what would you suggest for this person?” with a picture and nothing else.
You will get quality answers from quality questions. You also develop much quicker if you follow the logic of the of consultation. Describe the age, sex and presenting problem. What do they actually want to achieve?
Not every line is an enemy, and even if they are there is still a prioritisation process that needs to be done with your client. Relevant medical history should be included, and then describe your own ideas for a treatment plan and then the parts of your plan that you are unsure about (volume of product, treatment strategy, outcome, risks etc). If you do all of this you will understand the problem better yourself before you even get any replies.
- Don’t ask several questions in one paragraph if you want them all answered. It’s very hard to do from our standpoint.
- Always ask permission from your client to post on Facebook – you have no control or rights over images shared on Facebook – that’s in Facebook’s terms and conditions, you can’t say anything else. You should consent for “public use” on social media. There are too many members to promise secrecy. But of course, as per number 11 below, no pictures or content generally should be shared externally by anyone. Anyone found to be doing this will be banned.
- Never criticise or be disrespectful to anyone else on the forum. This is a banning and blocking offence, because we have a wonderful supportive culture and any threat to that will nipped in the bud.
- Never share or discuss ways of circumventing prescribing rules or any other disreputable practice. This is another offence that will result in banning. Our mission at SkinViva Training Academy is to redefine the standards the public expect when having facial aesthetic treatments, so anything that would lower standards would be contrary to our aims and obligations.
- The more you contribute, the more you learn. Competition is irrational. We are in a market flooded by people who have never had treatments before who are mainly scared off by stories of poor treatments. The better everyone is, the quicker the market will grow. When you help someone you are contributing to building the market in general.
- This forum is designed to facilitate training and support, no selling allowed. This includes direct messaging people, particularly businesses attempting to use this group as list of people to market to.
- The SkinViva Trainee Network group is designed to provide a safe and confidential space for colleagues to seek help, so anyone sharing content from the group externally violates that trust and risks undermining its whole purpose. Anyone found to be doing this will be banned.
- Never share any details of the prescribers on our database in the files section of this group with anyone who is not a member of this group. This is to protect their data and also because many prescribers do not want to prescribe for people who were not trained by SkinViva Training.
Yes you’re always very welcome to contact us for some advice!
You can call us on 0161 850 2491 or email email@example.com and we will aim to come back to you within 24 hours (our working days are Monday to Saturday).
We recommend Juvederm’s Vycross range because they are longer-lasting, smoother to inject, biodegradable, and reversible. Vycross represents the latest technology in dermal fillers.
There are currently no restrictions on who can inject dermal fillers, however, it may soon become illegal to use them without medical training.
Being trained in the art of injecting by an experienced medical professional would be a huge advantage to you because it will prepare you for any eventuality, including what to do if something goes wrong.
Juvederm Vycross achieves Longer-lasting and better results because it’s easier to shape. The Vycross range creates less swelling at the area it’s been injected, draws less moisture and causes less reactionary inflammation.
The range also has a better ability to create lift and projection due to improved elasticity and is also smoother and easier to inject.
Vycross is more expensive than the Ultra range, however, the patient pays less over a one- year period if you price your Vycross treatments so that they are less than two Ultra treatments combined at 6 month intervals.
Please browse these separate pages for more information:
- Entry Requirements (who can train)
- Before a Course
- Course Day
- Level 7
I can’t find the answer to my question…
Please feel free to get in touch with our expert team.
You can call us on 0161 850 2491 to chat through your query, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will aim to come back to you within 24 hours (Monday to Saturday).