FAQs: Who Can Train?
SkinViva Training offer courses in injectable non-surgical treatments exclusively for qualified medical professionals.
Our BOTOX and dermal fillers courses are accessible for professionals belonging to GMC, GDC, NMC, HCPC, and GPhC as their Professional Statutory & Regulatory Body (PSRB).
We currently train the following medical professionals:
- Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Midwives
- Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Paramedics
- Dental therapists, Dental hygienists
In addition, all applicants to training must meet the additional entry requirements set out below.
SkinViva Training welcomes qualified medical professionals to train with us providing they meet the below entry requirements. We fully support learning and continuing professional development across all specialities.
- Membership to a regulatory body with no restrictions to practice or pending investigations or suspensions from practice
- Work in clinical role where the gathering of patient information, prioritisation of that information and associated risks, and recommendation of a treatment plan are a substantive part of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Be in possession of a health related, medically based degree (or equivalent level qualification/training)
- Have independent prescribing rights OR confirm you will work with the oversight of a prescribing clinician (which specifically includes face-to-face consultations for all POMs and availability for emergency advice at all times)
- Be proficient in carrying out injections or cannula in your current or previous healthcare roles
- Can obtain and will maintain professional indemnity insurance for aesthetic medicine and public liability insurance at all times
Example roles that we already offer cosmetic treatments training to include:
- Dental Therapists
- Dental Hygienists
Medical professionals from the above list must have active registration with the relevant professional body e.g. GMC/GDC/NMC/HCPC.
You must have a current registration with your professional regulatory body in order to train with us.
If your registration has lapsed you will need to obtain a renewal prior to booking onto one of our aesthetics training courses. In addition, we cannot offer training to you if you have any open or pending investigations, restrictions to practice or suspensions of your membership.
International equivalent qualifications are usually permitted to train with us, but you would still need to prove current registration with an appropriate registered body.
If you have an overseas qualification and are unsure on the position, please feel free to contact our team on 0161 850 2491 or email email@example.com and we will aim to come back to you within 24 hours (Monday to Saturday).
We are regularly approached by qualified and experienced beauticians and beauty therapists who are keen to access training for injectable treatments. Unfortunately, our courses are strictly for medical professionals with active registration. The following would therefore NOT be able to train with us at the present time:
- Beauty therapists
- NVQ qualified beauty professionals
- Laser technicians, even with qualifications
For beauticians/beauty therapists keen to gain an insight into the world of aesthetic treatments, you may be interested in volunteering as a model, whereby you can receive treatment at a discounted price.
Yes, all non-prescribing medical professionals are welcome to attend SkinViva Training courses.
There are specific guidelines/regulations about remote prescribing for Prescription-Only Medicines (POM) including Botox across professional regulatory bodies, including the GMC and NMC. When you have finished the course, you will need to arrange for an Independent Prescriber to undertake face to face consultations with your patients. We will give you more information about this at your course.
Please also see our FAQ regarding Prescribing queries, including finding a Prescriber and the V300.
Please browse these separate pages for more information:
I can’t find the answer to my question…
Please feel free to get in touch with our expert team.
You can call us on 0161 850 2491 to chat through your query, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will aim to come back to you within 24 hours (Monday to Saturday).