“SkinViva Training” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- This policy is effective from 18th April 2018
“SkinViva Training” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- Last updated 8th September 2022
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies and online advertising
How to find and control your cookies
- Internet Explorer Choose Tools, then Internet Options, Click the Privacy tab, Click on the ‘Advanced’ button, Check the ‘Override automatic cookie handing’ box and select Accept, Block or Prompt for action as appropriate.
- Mozilla Firefox Choose Tools, then Options… Privacy, Cookies, Set your options as required
- Opera 8+ Choose Tools, then Preferences, Advanced, Select Cookies, Select your settings using the available options
- Safari Choose Safari, then Preferences, Security, Select options by Accept Cookies as required.
- Chrome – Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Promotional offers from us
You will receive marketing communications from us and our trusted third-party partners if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager
We use Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager in order to learn more about our website visitors’ interaction with our website, including Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Via cookies, we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Like many services, Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, you might consider this browser extension https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting this link: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so except in relation to our associate company Dr Tim Limited which has taken over the provision of our on line learning services. See our Fair Processing Notice for further information. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) . If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to SkinViva Training Academy, St Johns Court, 19B Quay Street, Manchester, M3 3HN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.