Recruitment – Vacancies at SkinViva Training
Working for SkinViva Training & SkinViva
SkinViva Training was established in 2013 by Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP, who established sister company of SkinViva Ltd in 2008 offering non-surgical aesthetic treatments to clients in the North West. Working for our team means:
- Genuinely great colleagues and working environment in our gorgeous Castlefield clinic
- Quality training about our exciting treatments, how they work, all the amazing things they can do
- Opportunities to progress in a dynamic, fast-paced, fast-growing business
- With so many satisfied customers, you’ll get real job satisfaction contributing to SkinViva Training’s goals
- Heavily discounted staff treatments
Browse our Current Job Opportunities
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary up to £21,000 pa
Contract Permanent (6 months’ probationary)
Annual Leave 20 days pa (plus bank holidays)
Reports to Content Marketing Manager
Direct Reports N/a
Location 1 Burton Place, Manchester, M15 4PT (near Cornbrook Metrolink)
Start Date ASAP
Do you believe you could help redefine a whole industry?
We’re a passionate bunch at SkinViva: 8 doctors and dentists and a growing support team, training and delivering world class aesthetic treatments at our busy Manchester clinic and training academy. What we do changes people’s lives, and we’re on a mission to raise the bar across the whole industry.
We need someone with equally as much fire in their belly to help us reach as many people as possible.
Do you want to inform, empower and inspire people to make the best choices for them?
Do you want to have a real impact on a small but growing business, and make the role your own?
If so, we might want to meet you.
- Planning, shooting, directing, lighting and editing consistently engaging, empowering and informative video to be used across SkinViva, SkinViva Training, and our elearning business, https://drtimpearce.com. Your aim will be to drive traffic, engagement and leads, that deliver bookings and customer retention. Your outputs will range from short informative videos for SEO purposes, to adverts and Facebook Live posts, all way up to in-depth paid training videos. You will tailor the output according to its intended platforms, e.g. Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo etc.
- Responsible for taking high quality photos, particularly client before and afters, for use across our various marketing channels, including basic graphic design e.g. to place the photos within branded templates.
- Undertake basic graphic design as needed across the business, for example to create a basic visual for a Facebook advert.
- Ad hoc project work for the Directors as required.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum of one year’s experience of professional videography.
- Experience of DSLR cameras and Adobe Premier, Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- We want someone with natural talent. You will need to demonstrate through your portfolio that you have a flare for excellent visual techniques and video editing.
- Completer finisher. We are a relatively small business so we won’t spoon feed you, which means you’ll need to use your initiative to see things through from the start to the end, to agreed deadlines.
- You are instinctively excited by progress; eager to develop your skills; and always looking for ways to raise the bar. This is the first in-house dedicated videographer role we have had, so you should be comfortable with shaping the role yourself.
- Organised. Because our doctors’ time is expensive, it’s imperative we make the most of the limited time we have to shoot. You will need to develop slick processes for filming that result in the fewest interruptions possible (e.g. re-takes).
- Quick to react. You will need to react quickly when opportunities arise to shoot. For example, if a gap opens up in a doctor’s diary, we often fill that with a Facebook live session.
- A show-off! We want someone who gets a buzz from showing off what they’re capable of creatively, and is passionate about producing clear and beautiful videos.
- A people person. We’ve learnt that it’s crucial to be able to put the people who you’re filming at ease if you’re going to get the best quality video, so you will need to be able to reassure and relax people and engage them to bring out their best.
- Audience-focussed. You will need to be naturally motivated to take the time to ‘get’ our audience; to understand their motivations, hopes and fears, and know how to produce videos that best meet their needs.
- Self-confident. You will be directing your videos, so you need to have laser-focus on the end-goal of the project and the self-confidence to challenge colleagues or stop production when you need to, to ensure that goal is met.
- Adaptable to change. We need someone who is comfortable with the fast pace of change that comes with small-business life.
Why Work For SkinViva?
SkinViva is a rapidly growing medical aesthetics company. Our experienced Doctors and Dentists provide treatments such as Botox and dermal fillers to a loyal client base in a state-of-the-art clinic in Manchester & in beauty salons across the North-West.
Our own clinic and head office are based in Central Manchester in the Castlefield area (near Cornbrook Metro station). We are a friendly team and many have worked for SkinViva for a number of years.
SkinViva Offers You
- Heavily discounted treatments
- Genuinely great colleagues and working environment in our gorgeous Castlefield clinic
- Want to make a difference? We believe that great treatments help people make the most of their lives, and having a clean and welcoming environment is CENTRAL to that mission, so you will truly be contributing to something big!
- Want to be proud of where you work? With so many satisfied customers, you’ll get real job satisfaction contributing to SkinViva’s goals. Check out our 5* Google reviews
How to Apply
To apply for any of our vacancies, please email your CV and, importantly, a cover letter explaining how your work/ life experience matches what we’re looking for and why you want to work for us to Justine Gribbin, Content Marketing Manager at email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 23rd June 2017. If you’d like to know more, please feel free to give Justine a call directly on 0161 8651141 for an informal chat.
If you’d like to know more about SkinViva, please feel free to give our customer experience team a call on 0161 865 1141. You can find out more about us at www.skinviva.com/about-us.
Could you be a Clinical Supervisor for us?
- SkinViva Training are recruiting associate Clinical Supervisors across the UK
- Clinical Supervisors are needed to teach and reinforce practical skills in consulting and treating patients with botulinum toxin and dermal fillers and to verify (through specified evidence) that our students have carried out and observed a minimum number of treatments under supervision
- Acting as a Clinical Supervisor contributes to your own CPD which may help gain you exemption from elements of the Level 7 qualification when you do it yourself
- You can do as much or as little as you like and operate from your own premises
- You set your own rates and the student pays you directly
- There are criteria you must meet to be a Clinical Supervisor (listed below)
Quick link – ‘How to Apply’ with details of documents required
In 2017, SkinViva Training will launch a new OFQUAL post-graduate certificate called the Level 7 ‘Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine’. This new gold standard will validate aesthetic clinicians as experienced, qualified injectors of botulinum toxin and dermal fillers in the eyes of the UK’s qualification regulator (OFQUAL).
This new qualification is not required in law but we believe it is rapidly becoming seen as the most relevant and best hands-on practical qualification that exists today due to its industry focus on those working in the aesthetics sector as opposed to a more traditional academic route offered by universities.
Why Clinical Supervision?
As part of us offering the Level 7 qualification, all our students must undertake clinical practice to gain their post-graduate certificate. The requirements are that a student must:
- Observe 10 botulinum toxin treatments
- Observe 10 dermal filler treatments
- Administer 10 botulinum toxin treatments
- Administer 10 dermal filler treatments
What do you need to be a Clinical Supervisor?
- Be a registered doctor, dentist, independent pharmacist prescriber, or independent nurse / midwife prescriber with a current professional registration
- Have carried out a minimum of 75 botulinum toxin procedures and 75 dermal filler procedures OR have a minimum of 3 years treating with botulinum toxin or dermal fillers (irrespective of the number of procedures you’ve carried out)
- 25 hrs of CPD in aesthetics within the last 12 months
- A valid professional indemnity insurance certificate
- A teaching qualification, which could include: Level 3 Award in Education and Training, PTLLS, DTLLS, being a GP Trainer, a “teach the teacher” course, a postgraduate certificate in teaching in higher education etc. (Your teaching certificate can be generic and may originate from various sources including teaching at work or lecturing. A short eLearning course which we recommend is at the following link with a discount available if you mention SkinViva Training https://www.eln.io/course/19/level-3-award-in-education-and-training).
How will it work?
- You send us your documents so we can review your experience and get you
approved with OFQUAL’s appointed representatives
- Once approved, we add you to a secure area on our website
- Student comes and completes an initial hands-on practical training day with SkinViva Training
- Student then accesses the secure area on the website & contacts you to discuss your availability, your fees, and to plan their clinical supervision sessions with you
- Student attends your premises on the agreed dates/times to undertake the work
- For the 20 observed procedures (10 bot. toxin and 10 dermal filler), we recommend that the student simply observes you carrying out your normal aesthetics clinic
- For the 20 administered procedures (10 bot. toxin and 10 dermal filler), the student understands they supply the patients, product and consumables
- Before and after photos are recorded for ALL 40 procedures (including both observed and administered treatments) to go into the student’s portfolio of evidence which you will sign off along with a reference
- Student submits their completed portfolio of evidence to SkinViva Training
What will I cover with the student?
- Show how treatment plans are put together based on the requirements of the patient.
- Demonstrate and support learning on how to carry out a consultation in aesthetics.
- Oversee and teach a range of toxin and dermal filler procedures and techniques to enhance the learning of the student.
- Ensure the informed consent process is taught and carried out for the procedure and for clinical photography. Consent must be retained for student portfolio.
- Demonstrate a real-life aesthetics clinic setting to build understanding of the student for what it’s like to work in this sector.
- Provide a reference (required to qualify in injectables) for the student.
Key Things To Note
- Before/after photos are compulsory and you’ll need to sign a reference confirming completion of observations and completion of student administering treatments
- The procedures must be botulinum toxin AND/OR dermal filler (other aesthetics treatments do not count for the student towards this qualification)
- All facial procedures are valid but the student may wish to focus more attention on certain ones which are to be negotiated with you as supervisor. We recommend however that the student focus on the foundation/basic treatments before moving on to advanced treatments at this stage of their learning.
- SkinViva Training have a 1 year time limit on a student completing their portfolio of evidence (which starts from the date of their initial Level 7 training day at SkinViva)
- A patient can count as 2 procedures for the student IF the patient is having BOTH toxin AND dermal filler
- When supplying their own models, students will supply product and consumables (unless you agree otherwise)
- A student can work with more than one Clinical Supervisor so there’s no pressure for you to complete all the requirements for any one student if your availability becomes limited or circumstances change
- Some students may wish to work with you in a pair (i.e. with another student) because one student can complete their observations whilst the other one administers under supervision – you may wish to consider charging a higher fee for this
What do you need to send us?
Download a pdf