Dermal Fillers Refresher Course
Option 1 £395, Option 2 £595
SkinViva Training’s Dermal Filler Refresher Course is a full day course for aesthetic practitioners looking specifically for further training in dermal filler treatments at beginner to intermediate level.
This course is aimed specifically at trainees seeking a refresher course. Perhaps it’s been a while since your initial training, or you are looking to top up on training elsewhere. It’s the ideal way to build confidence through guided practice on live models, equipping you to start treatments in your own business.
As well as learning best-practice injection techniques, you will also receive background introductory modules covering everything you need to be an independent aesthetic professional including medico-legal aspects, consent, consultation skills to managing and preventing rare side effects.
You will leave us confident in your ability to inject effectively, and also with the skills to set up a business as a safe and capable aesthetic professional.
SkinViva Training’s Dermal Filler Refresher Course is recommended for all suitably qualified and registered medical professionals who are either new and inexperienced with cosmetic injectable treatments, or have had some experience but want to refresh their skills and learn more best-practice technique.
This course is entirely focused on dermal fillers for the nose-to-mouth, mouth-to-chin, lip and cheek areas.
- Delegates who have completed foundation level training only
- INJECT in the morning on nose-to-mouth and mouth-to-chin areas
- OBSERVE for the afternoon session on lips & cheeks
- Price £395
- Delegates who have completed foundation level training and a lip & cheek course
- Inject in all areas for both the morning and afternoon sessions
- Price £595
- Understand the basics of the ageing face, and the treatments you can offer to help reverse these.
- Understand the nuances of the aesthetic consultation.
- Understand how to consult in a way that ethically boosts sales potential and client satisfaction.
- Matching patient expectations with outcomes.
- Important after care advice.
- Avoiding common consultation pitfalls.
- Avoiding and managing complaints and preventing complaints (content by a former Healthcare Commission Complaints Manager).
- Informed consent.
Trainees attending this course can expect to leave being confident with the Juvederm Ultra range of products and Juvederm Voluma and Volift products from the long-lasting Vycross range and the required consultation and treatment techniques for lip enhancement, lip revitalisation, lip augmentation and cheek enhancement procedures.
- Establish confidence through practical experience and live demonstration for both Lip and Cheek enhancement procedures.
- Provide refresher knowledge of facial anatomy with specific focus on the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, cheeks and facial nerves.
- Highlight differences between the various brands of dermal fillers on the market that can be used for different areas of the face.
- Provide an understanding of how to conduct a thorough consultation and assessment of the patient to ensure a safe, comfortable procedure that delivers maximum results.
- Provide knowledge of possible side effects, complications, patient concerns and learn how to address them.
- Teach our trainees how to give patients a natural looking result that provides an essential balance between delivering volume/fullness whilst enhancing the natural contours and shape of the face.
- How to limit complications through learning safe angles and depths of injections and techniques that substantially reduce risk.
- How to deal with any adverse effects and complications including how to inject Hyaluronidase enzyme to remove hyaluronic acid dermal fillers if required.
Please see below a list of criteria which we assess you against on your training course:
- History taking
- Physical examination skills/clinical judgement
- Demonstrates understanding of indications for treatment, A&P, procedural technique
- Obtains informed consent
- Demonstrates appropriate preoperative preparation
- Offers/applies appropriate analgesics
- Demonstrates safe delivery of proposed procedure
- Technical ability
- Aseptic technique
- Post procedure management
- Communication skills
- Overall ability to perform the procedure competently
Your trainer will work with you to help you meet the required standard for each of these criteria. Delegates not able to meet one or more of the criteria will be asked to re-sit their training on a different date at additional cost.
Successful completion of the criteria results in a SkinViva Training certificate, which is issued at the end of your training day.
- SkinViva Training Academy’s holistic approach empowers trainees not only to inject safely, but also considers wider issues such as the patient journey and business issues. Delegates leave with confidence to look after patients for the long term
- Small group sizes – to ensure plenty of hands-on experience and individualised tuition
- High model to delegate ratio – plenty of expertly supervised practical experience with real patients.
- 5:1 trainer/trainee ratio – maximum 5 trainees per trainer – to ensure plenty of hands-on experience and individualised tuition
- Free and exclusive access to our highly active online community for post-course support, questions and debate.
- Unique algorithms in the theory course give you certainty when you start on your own.
- Dedicated fully-equipped modern clinic environment and lecture room.
- All products included.
- Insurer-approved certificate of attendance.
Previous dermal filler experience post foundation training is required for this advanced course.
If you are unsure whether you meet this criteria and which course option is suitable for you, please call us on 0161 850 2491 before booking.
- 0830 – Registration
- 0900-0930 – Introduction
- 0930-1200 – Nose-to-Mouth & Mouth-to-Chin
- 1200-1245 – Lunch
- 1245-1315 – Intro
- 1315-1515 – Lips
- 1515-1715 – Cheeks
- 1715-1730 – End
SAVE with our bundle offers!
Contact our friendly team to discuss your training requirements and take advantage of EXTRA value deals