Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine
at SkinViva Training
This course provides official accreditation for non-surgical treatment practitioners, regulated by OfQual and has been designed to provide trainees with a comprehensive grounding in the knowledge and skills required to practice popular cosmetic treatments involving BOTOX (botulinum toxin) and dermal fillers.
Benefits of completing a Level 7 in Injectable Medicine
Future proof your career
No UK regulation means anyone can practise aesthetic injectable treatments. However, the case for restricting them to appropriately qualified medical professionals, governed by regulation is evolving. Level 7 is seen as one way to be prepared for regulation if/when it comes
The Level 7 framework has rigorous and varied assessment methods to allow you to prove your competence to patients, peers and governing bodies for carrying out injectable treatments.
Mentorship for confidence
Students carry out 40 patient cases under our mentorship programme to ensure you have plenty of opportunity to practise when you’ve learned to build confidence and deliver outstanding treatment results for patients.
Be better than the competition
Once you obtain your Level 7, it gives you highly credible point of differentiation to use on your website and social media to help you stand out against, often poorly trained, unregistered non-medical practitioners
Externally accredited qualification
This is the first externally accredited vocational Level 7 qualification on the market in the UK meaning it meets regulated standards set by OfQual to give you confidence in the quality of the course programme.
Be the best you can be!
The Level 7 for Injectables is all about improving the standards of practice in the marketplace. You’ll learn how to be a better, safer more skilled injector which is great for your business and your patients.
Join a professional aesthetics register
The Level 7 will be a recognised qualification which will help you with any application you make to join an aesthetics register of practitioners like the JCCP or Save Face
Aimed at small business owners
As a vocational qualification, it’s designed for people who run startup and small clinics. Unlike a university PgCert, the IQ Level 7 certificate has a tight scope on injectables and a practical focus on hands-on learning
Course Details: Level 7 Certificate (L7Cert) in Injectables
8 Mandatory Units
There are 8 compulsory units in this qualification – all of which must be passed to achieve an overall pass.
Please see below a list of the units involved in the qualification.
- Unit 1 Principles of History, Ethics and Law in Aesthetic Medicine
- Unit 2 Principles of Treatment in Aesthetic Medicine
- Unit 3 Principles of Cosmetic Psychology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Unit 4 Principles of Dermatology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Unit 5 Principles of Botulinum Toxin Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Unit 6 Practice of Botulinum Toxin Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Unit 7 Principles of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Unit 8 Practice of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
Please refer to the Course Specification for more information on the learning outcomes, assessment criteria, and indicative contents for each unit to help guide you.
What to expect with the Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine course:
- Coursework Assignments – 30-40 written assignments to develop theoretical understanding of injectable medicine and the aesthetics sector
- Objective Structured Clinical Examinations – complete 8 OSCEs at our training centre in a 1:1 role play environment with your examiner
- Training & Study Materials – written by Dr Tim Pearce, to help you prepare for your OSCEs and coursework assignments
- Dedicated Facebook Community – support from other students and the SkinViva Training team in our dedicated Level 7 community on Facebook
- Foundation Day* – practical 1-day course with a hands-on focus of injecting real patient models
- Clinical Supervision & Mentoring* – work with a SkinViva Training approved aesthetics mentor to observe 20 patients cases and carry out supervised treatment on a further 20 patient cases
* where taken as part of Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine